Saturday, October 17, 2015

4 - "Ang Tatay Mong Kalbo"

   As a part of our EEPENG class, we watched the theatrical play entitled "Ang Tatay Mong Kalbo"
AC152 was scheduled to watch the play last October 10 at around 1pm.

   The play was absurd. It is because the characters just talk about something repeatedly. I cant even connect each scene together.

   What I admired the most is Mrs. Santos. The actress who played this role caught my attention until the end. Even Maria, the maid, made the play funny. While Hepe made the other girls from the audience giggle because of his charming look. Well he's charming but I don't see him attractive. Please don't hate me because of this.

   Before the play starts, the director said to us that this play is really hard to understand but there is an underlying lesson which I can't find until now. So I can't give any reaction about the play. That's why I am just going to give some comments on the set.

   The set was simple. Lights are incredible. At first, I thought that the three hanging at center of the set was just part of the decorations. But when I saw that the cast doesn't have any microphone attached to their body, and it is impossible for them to retain their voices loud and clear for the whole time, that was the time that I realized it was a microphone. The two men who are with the musical instruments helped the play to be somehow lively.

   After the play was finished the audience have a picture taking with the casts. I asked some of my blockmates if they understand the story of the theatrical play. But like me, they are also clueless which I really don't know how are they going to make a blog about it. HAHAH! Well at least most of us are clueless

   I really wanted to know the underlying lesson in this theatrical play. Maybe if I get to talk with one of the cast I could ask them and go back with this  blog and edit it. If I get the chance to meet and talk with them.




2 comments:

  1. Nice! So you were able to snap a photo of the play huh. Ninja moves! :D

    "...but there is an underlying lesson which I can't found until now."
    It's, "I can't find," Ate Joy. Sorry for the correction.

    The play is very meaningful. But the audience need a long span of thinking to realize the messages of the play.

    ReplyDelete